Birthday on Mon 25 Mar, 2019
Birthday on Tue 26 Mar, 2019
Main Forum
Page
of 2

Server Idea | PPM

11 replies
General Idea
The idea comes from another server that is CTF based; however it is PVP not paintball
--+--
What is a PPM?
A PPM is a Player Pool Match, a type of competitive CTF match. In a PPM, 2 teams are created by the PPM Host and set to battle against each other in a Best of 3 matches. It’s similar to a normal CTF game, but with communication via calls and specific maps that fit the gamemode better for a competitive playstyle.
--+--
How will it work?
PPM matches will consist of a fixed number of players selected by the host(s). Each team will have a selected leader, who will represent the team. Each team will consist of an equal number of players, allowing for flexibility with setups and rosters. Each match will be a standard Best of 3 maps, the first 2 maps being team picks and the final map being an agreed. PPM Host will decide who is on what team. PPM matches will be directly through discord. PPM Host will be a rank given to those who apply for it. I think the community team should decide who is accepted as a PPM Host and should also all be PPM Hosts themselves. The matches aren't attended to be streamed. Players are allowed to spectate the matches if they don't want to play.
--+--
Duties of PPM Host
Not required to participate in matches. It is up to the Host if they want to participate or spectate
Notify all players ONE hour prior that they're planning on hosting a PPM in Discord.
EXAMPLE:
Spoiler: Click HereShow
Players should react with a checkmark if they can participate in the PPM or an X if they cannot.
Set player limit. (Ex: 5v5, 6v6, 10v10, UnlimitedvUnlimited)
Designate a team leader for each team
Set maps that were agreed upon by team leaders
Notify players when they can join the PPM server
Make sure all players are on their respective team and give gamemode 3 to players who want to spectate.
--+--
Duties of Team Leader
Communicate with team who is defense, offense, etc.
Discuss with their team what map will be their pick
Discuss with team and opposing team leader and have an agreed map for the tie-breaker match.
--+--
PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS
Posted Jan 31, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
Great idea this could be lots of fun! Wouldn't there be like 2 or 3 teams who would be op because they have great players and the other teams would get rolled just like in tourney?
Posted Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
wrote:
Great idea this could be lots of fun! Wouldn't there be like 2 or 3 teams who would be op because they have great players and the other teams would get rolled just like in tourney?
Nope! Thats the job of the PPM Host, to make even and equal teams. Also, this would be a 1-2 hour event as there are only 3 matches.
PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS
Posted Jan 31, 19 · OP
List
Undo
So the teams would switch for every PPM meaning the event itself?
Posted Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
wrote:
So the teams would switch for every PPM meaning the event itself?
The teams are dependent on whoever signs up and is available at the time. For instance, if I said I would be hosting a PPM at 7pm. I have 10 players sign up making it a 5v5. They play 3 maps to the best of 3. BAM! PPM over until another one is hosted. They're almost like random competitive matches.
PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS
Posted Jan 31, 19 · OP
List
Undo
So if I understand correctly, it's like a spontaneous mini-tournament?
A couple questions:
-Does the host just spectate the game as well?
-What happens if someone has to leave for some reason (ie can't commit for the full 2 hours but didn't know that in advance)?
-If teams turn out to be extremely unbalanced, can they be changed between matches or are they set?
-Is there any reward for winning?

Seems like it would be a lot of fun, especially for community nights!
-Candy-
Resigned MCBall Mod.
Posted Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
wrote:
So if I understand correctly, it's like a spontaneous mini-tournament?
A couple questions:
-Does the host just spectate the game as well?
-What happens if someone has to leave for some reason (ie can't commit for the full 2 hours but didn't know that in advance)?
-If teams turn out to be extremely unbalanced, can they be changed between matches or are they set?
-Is there any reward for winning?

Seems like it would be a lot of fun, especially for community nights!

Great questions!

1. I think it is entirely up the host if they want to play or spectate. I see no reason as to why they have to purely spectate.

2. This is the one thing I am not sure about. If a player DOES know that they'll have to leave at some point during the PPM, they should contact the PPM Host prior to the start and see if they can find a reasonable substitute for when they leave. If a player DOESN'T know and has to leave unexpectedly there are a few things we could POSSIBLY do. a) The last player to sign up from the other team will have to leave to even out teams. b) Find a substitute player to fill in. c) Keep playing with uneven teams

3. Personally, I think the PPM Hosts should be aware of all the players they have sign up skill level. But, I think the teams should be set in stone.

4. As this could be a daily or weekly thing I don't think there should be a reward. Maybe we could award 200PP to the winners? I'm not sure, it is up for discussion.
PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS
Posted Jan 31, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
This is one of the most innovative ideas I have heard to improve player base! Thank you for posting this
Posted Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
Just to throw this out there, if this does end up getting implemented there are ways to get Discord and Minecraft talking to each other, allowing for PPMs to be started from Discord, with people being able to sign up with a command. Would be really cool to see a competitive scene coming out of MCBall though.
72783.png
Posted Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
Xorgon a
This is a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure we have all of the infrastructure in place to facilitate this kind of thing yet, but I think it could be a really nice addition to how MCBall does organised competition.
Thanks,
Xorgon

xorgon.me
Posted Feb 1, 19
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices