Birthday on Tue 19 Mar, 2019
Birthday on Thu 21 Mar, 2019
Birthday on Fri 22 Mar, 2019
Birthday on Mon 25 Mar, 2019
Birthday on Tue 26 Mar, 2019
Main Forum

Oskis great suggestion thread

8 replies
I decided to put up a whole list of things that I would like to suggest for the MCBall community that will be updated regularly. Here we go! Green = added/fixed, Red = not added/not fixed, Yellow = pending/not changed

Suggestion #1: /stats removal
If it is planned or not, I don't know of. But if it's planned to be re-implemented maybe consider not doing it? A big part of the gameplay is to plan tactics and different playstyles. By having /stats you could spoil a part of that plan, simply by showing the kit of that player.

Suggestion #2: /top for multiple statistics
Whenever you write /top you see the player with most kills, that is great. But why not add a feature when you simply type /top (name of statistic), for example /top fc (flag captures) which will list the players with most flag captures, or /top shots which will display the player with most bullets fired. It's always fun to compare each others stats and I think this could bring extra spice to the server.

Suggestion #3: Lobby update
- This is not really a suggestion, rather a fix that needs to be made. Please update all the heads in the waiting lobbys staff- and builder- section. They are very outdated and could be confusing to new players.
- And please fix the purple particles in the middle of the lobby. My gosh they are non-symmetrical and it's so annoying...
- The podiums need to be updated as well, because right now there is just a pig and a random name on the 1st place spot.

Suggestion #4: New ranking system
I know this have been brought up countless of times before, but maybe create a new ranking point system. Instead of counting most kills, maybe do a combination of flag captures, wins, losses, K/D ratio and kills?
If you would like me to come up with a system of how it could work, let me know!

Suggestion #5: Refresh staff team
Simply put, the staff team has a few inactive staff members that have to be replaced/removed from the staff team due to lack of activity. If the server is growing fast we need active staff members.

Suggestion #6: Monthly events
When players start joining in and more people start playing again we need to want them to stay. One efficient way is to host events, that'll say we need to host monthly events and possibly the 10th official MCBall tournament as well.

Suggestion #7: Advertising
To get more players to the server we need to let them know we are here, we need to advertise. I know we have about 12 different vote links that people can vote on, but we need more ways. Maybe contact a small youtuber or twitch livestreamer to have a livestream or make videos of the server, bringing more players in?

Suggestion #8: Popups in chat
While we are on the advertisement category, I think we need to have reminders in chat, reminding people to vote for the server and get rewards. By doing so we will get people to vote more annually and possibly get a ton more players joining. But voting aside, the easiest way to connect with the server is via the discord where you can talk with everyone. So why not advertise the discord link in the chat as well? This way people who don't feel connected to the community can easily start connecting by joining the discord. I believe we barely have a way to find the MCBall discord URL.

Suggestion #9: Rolling out more maps
I noticed that the rotation of maps is not that large right now and not many maps, other than CW, Highrise, Koder and Farm, is being at the moment. Where did the more recent maps go (Emerald Falls, Ragnarok, etc? Where did Cracked go? I know it most likely will be added a few more maps later, but I had to bring this up, just in case.

Suggestion #10: Beginner server limit change
This is not really a bug, just a kind of suggestion. Instead of keeping the limit to join beginner server at 500 kills and a kdr of 1.5 or less, maybe tell the player you need a rating of 1250 or less to play there (the rest can play on PRO)? I thought this might be a good idea since the new system just got implemented.

Suggestion #11: Beginner server message disable
I would also like to add, maybe add a way to remove the "Pro server warning" message telling you that you should instead play on beginner? For instance /bmd (beginner message disable). I have found a few people getting annoyed by that message popping up in the chat constantly remiding you to join the beginner server.

Suggestion #12: Change of colors in chat
This is not that important of a suggestion, but I would suggest changing the color in chat when you kill a player.
Right now it looks something like this: "You killed SupaHam" or "You have been killed by SupaHam"

Since the rest of chat is pretty much one-colored I would suggest either changing the color of the player that killed you/that you killed or change color of the whole message.

Example 1: "You killed SupaHam" or You have been killed by SupaHam"
Example 2: "You killed SupaHam" or "You have been killed by SupaHam"

Suggestion 13:Update server motd
Right now the server motd is saying "Now Beta Testing Blur Update!" or "Kit free day Saturday the 22nd of December". It might need some update, like either "Welcome to MCBall!" or "Blur update released!"
Thank you for reading.
Posted Jan 28, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 13, 19
List
Undo
For suggestion #4 I think I'd be nice if there were multiple leaderboards. Most flag caps and Most kills are the main ones. If you wanna have most flag returns and highest k/d sounds good as well, but there are more aspects to the game than strictly kills alone so I hope this happens sooner rather than later.
MCBall is love, MCBall is life!! :thumb:

You must like EVER SINGLE post I make, OR ELSE...Nothing will happen to you! And that is not good. :shock:

Please Check out and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQuzjLAbLmc2qq0lNnRmXtQ
Posted Jan 28, 19
List
Undo
Outreach Team
As for the inactive staff part, it will be very hard to get active staff members as most of us if not all are in high school and if not post-secondary/college/university. I myself would be on more but currently, I have exams so I'm pretty busy studying. I'm sure that once the new semester starts for myself I will be on a lot more.

Side Note: I do not know when other staff members will be available I am just speaking for myself. While it is likely they are busy with school.

Edit: For main updates like the new ranking system. That would require the main developers who as well all know are especially busy and with the resignation of Octobox I believe means Xorgon and SupaHam are our current main developers.

Have a good day!

~Ghost
Posted Jan 29, 19 · Last edited Jan 29, 19
List
Undo
Updated with colors!
Thank you for reading.
Posted Feb 8, 19 · OP
List
Undo
These are all great suggestions! I would add that the "Warning" message on the pro server should be displayed a little less than it is now. It fills up quite a few lines of the chat and can block gameplay view often. Also, I think it applies to less people than expected.
Posted Feb 8, 19 · Last edited Feb 8, 19
List
Undo
Added Suggestion 12!
Thank you for reading.
Posted Feb 9, 19 · OP
List
Undo
wrote:
Added Suggestion 12!
I like example 1 more than example 2.
PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS
Posted Feb 9, 19
List
Undo
As for Suggestion 12, I think it would be nice with a mixture of the two examples - green when you kill someone and red when you get killed, but the name of the person should, in my opinion, be a tinted color of the same color used for the rest of the text. To me it would just look better like that
Posted Feb 9, 19
List
Undo
Updated most suggestions and added Suggestion 13!
Thank you for reading.
Posted Feb 13, 19 · OP
List
Undo
NoticeNotices